Rendezvous entries due by 10/19 & iRanch Horse Online Show #2 entries due by 10/18
Due to the ongoing wildfires and hazardous air quality for both horse and rider, WCRH is shifting the dates of this series slightly.
Entries due Show #1 - Sept 20, Show #2 - October 18, Show #3 - Nov 15;
Videos due Show #1 - Sept 27, Show #2 - October 26, Show #3 - Nov 22
For trail please use the space available to you to your advantage. You may make reasonable substitutions for obstacles with approval from show management. You may use a piece of plywood in place of a bridge. You may use logs and/or poles. Walk-overs: 15 to 24 inches, Trot- overs: 3 feet to 3 feet 6 inches; Lope-overs: 6 to 7 feet.
All 360's are on the haunches.
Remember to perform the rail pattern in order or you will get an Off Pattern. Double check your videos.
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined maneuver, then second maneuver and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Award: Sterling Silver Necklace (Sponsored by Rusty Brown Jewelry):
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Conformation class. Divisions for this show include:
Buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division with highest composite (total) scores in each division's performance classes: Ranch Trail, Ranch Rail, and Ranch Riding. Highest composite scores in 2 out of the 3 buckle series shows to count. Note: Competitors must show in all 4 classes in at least 2 shows to be eligible for the performance high point buckles.
A Ranch Conformation High Point Leather Bronc Halter will also be given to the horse with the highest total score out of two shows. May enter multiple divisions. Note: Must show in at least one conformation class in at least 2 of the buckle series shows.
A prize will be given in the first timers class, but it will not be a buckle. This is to keep the class just those that have truly not shown in ranch and not tempt others to enter with a buckle.
Leadliners receive a Champion Rosette!
Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This 3 show series is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show.
There's still time to get into the buckle series! Showing in 2 out of the 3 shows makes you eligible for the division buckles! (***must show in all 4 division classes)
Enter by October 18th at 11:59 PDT, submit videos by October 25th 11:59 PDT!
Late entries (submitted Oct 19th or later) are permitted up until the Saturday October 24th 11:59p with a $20.00 late fee/class.
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location.
4. Late entries (submitted Oct 19th or later) are permitted up until the Saturday October 24th 11:59p with a $20.00 late fee/class.
5. Videos must be submitted by 11:59p PDT Sunday, October 25th. It is preferred that you submit a YouTube link for your videos if possible in lieu of submitting the files. Click here for help uploading to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same class. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes will have unlimited entries, but they will be split if they are larger than 50 competitors.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership for the International Ranch horse Program is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 12 & under and is a walk trot class. WCRH reserves the right to add a 10& under division award.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
13. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing email@example.com with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
14. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
15. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
16. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort. Our goal is to represent for the sport of Ranch Horse in our videos on social media, so please present yourself as if you were at an open show.
17. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
18. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
19. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
20. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
21. The decisions of each judge is final.
22. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
23. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
24. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
25. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
26. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind and spread runs out over multiple days when multiple riders are competing on the same horse or a rider is competing in multiple divisions.
27. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
28. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
29. The First Timer division is only open to those individuals who have NEVER shown in live ranch horse classes previously. Competitors who have competed in 2 or less online shows in ranch classes are also eligible to compete in First Timers. If you win any First Timers performance class, you will subsequently be ineligible to compete in First Timers. This class is designed to allow those that have never competed in ranch classes a chance to compete against each other. Do NOT enter this division if you do not qualify.
30. First Timer class points may only count towards Green Hand division for WCRH year end points.
31. An office charge is included with the entry to cover the cost of shipping ribbons. You may opt out of receiving ribbons for a $5 discount on your registration. If you win a medal and did not pay the office fee, you will need to pay actual shipping.
32. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
33. Buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division (except Leadline and First Timers) with highest composite (total) scores in each division's performance classes: Ranch Trail, Ranch Rail, and Ranch Riding. Highest composite scores in 2 out of the 3 buckle series shows to count. Note: Competitors must show in all 4 classes in at least 2 shows to be eligible for the performance high point buckles.
34. Super Horse Halter is awarded to the horse with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple riders and multiple divisions.
35. A Ranch Conformation High Point Bronc Halter will be given to the horse with the highest total conformation score out of two shows. May enter multiple divisions. Note: Must show in at least one conformation class in at least 2 of the buckle series shows.
36. For the collegiate division, competitors will be required to submit proof of current enrollment in a college or university at the time of video submission. Those that do not qualify will be disqualified with no refund.