Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined obstacle, then second obstacle and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Division Awards - Buckles & Champion Sash:
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points in each division. Buckles will be custom with horse or rider name, so please allow about 60 days from announcement of champions for buckles to be made. In order for buckles to be awarded, participation must be an average of at least 5 riders showing in a full division (all four classes) for that division. In less than an average of 5 riders show in the full division, only neck sashes will be awarded. In the case of insufficient participation, buckles may be subsidized by the competitor.
Top Hand High Point Award - Rusty Brown Necklace (Valued at $125):
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Ranch Rail Stakes - Open (Jackpot class):
This is the most popular and exciting class at our live shows, so we are bringing it to iRanch Horse! This class is like a traditional ranch rail class but will have a more challenging sequence of rail gaits/maneuvers. 50% of class entries will go into the jackpot! Payout will be as follows: 1st place - 50%, 2nd place - 30%, 3rd place - 20% Ties for high point will be broken by the judge. The judge's decision is final. A Venmo account is required, otherwise, competitor pays all fees for postage or PayPal.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in this show.
This is the last WCRH buckle series of the year! Last chance to qualify for the double judged Online World Show in November/December 2021! Participation in 2 regular online shows is required to qualify!
Pre-entries due by 9/26/2021 at 11:59p PDT! Videos are due by 10/3/2021 at 11:59p PDT!
$115 Division Entry
$30/Class (All individual Classes)
$40 Ranch Rail Stakes - Open class.
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location.
4. Late entries are permitted up until the video submission deadline with a $20.00 late fee.
5. Videos must be submitted by the date listed above. It is preferred that you submit a YouTube link for your videos if possible in lieu of submitting the files. Click here for help uploading to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same class. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes will have unlimited entries, but they will be split if they are larger than 50 competitors.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership for the International Ranch horse Program is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 12 & under and is a walk trot class.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
13. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
14. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program for nominated riders.
15. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
16. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort. Our goal is to represent for the sport of Ranch Horse in our videos on social media, so please present yourself as if you were at an open show.
17. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
18. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
19. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
20. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
21. The decisions of each judge is final.
22. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
23. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
24. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety. Leadline is not a judged class.
25. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
26. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind and spread runs out over multiple days when multiple riders are competing on the same horse or a rider is competing in multiple divisions.
27. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
28. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
29. When offered, the First Timer division is only open to those individuals who have NEVER shown in live ranch horse classes previously. Competitors who have competed in 2 or less online shows in ranch classes are also eligible to compete in First Timers. If you win any First Timers performance class, you will subsequently be ineligible to compete in First Timers in subsequent shows series, but you may complete the online buckle series in that division. This class is designed to allow those that have never competed in ranch classes a chance to compete against each other. Do NOT enter this division if you do not qualify. If you qualify for a division at the beginning of the series, you may ride in that division for the duration of the series. The First Timer division is not always offered.
30. First Timer class points may only count towards Green Rider or Short Stirrup division for WCRH year end points.
31. An office charge is included with the entry to cover the cost of shipping ribbons. You may opt out of receiving ribbons for a $5 discount on your registration. If you win a Champion prize and did not pay the office fee, you will need to pay actual shipping.
32. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
33. Buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division* (except Leadline and Lunge line) with highest point totals in each division's classes: Ranch Trail, Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Conformation. Note: Competitors must show in all 4 classes in the 2 shows to be eligible for the division high point buckles. NOTE: *In order for a division buckle to be awarded, there must be at least 5 exhibitors on average entered in the division (all 4 classes) for both shows of the series. If there are not 5 exhibitors, an alternate prize will be awarded. Champion competitors may supplement the cost of the buckle if participation is not sufficient.
34. If less than 4 exhibitors enter a class or division, that division may be canceled for that show. Exhibitors will receive a refund or the option to transfer into another division/class.