Rendezvous entries due by 10/19 & iRanch Horse Online Show #2 entries due by 10/18
This was another great show with about 500 entries from around the world! Thank you for showing with us! Thank you to judges Laurel Denton and Ben Balow for their fantastic feedback for our members!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined maneuver, then second maneuver and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Romal Reins ($400 value! Sponsored by RomalReins.com):
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Super Horse Award (Prize pack valued at $150! Sponsored by Dr. Show USA):
Awarded to the horse with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple riders and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Trail class. Divisions for this show include:
Awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division with the most points (awarded according to WCRH schedule). Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Champion Buckles are sponsored by Creekside Veterinary Services (Steven Colburn, DVM), Feather River College Equine Studies Program & Cheryl Beck)! Thank you, sponsors!
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in the Ranch Horse Showdown.
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location.
4. Entries begin Thursday, May 21st, and close 11:59p PDT Sunday, June 3rd. Late entries (submitted June 4th or later) are permitted up until the Saturday June 13th 11:59p with a $20.00 late fee/class.
5. Videos must be submitted by 11:59p PDT Sunday, June 14th. It is preferred that you submit a YouTube link for your videos if possible in lieu of submitting the files. Click here for help uploading to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same class. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes will have unlimited entries, but they will be split if they are larger than 50 competitors.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 12 & under and is a walk trot class. WCRH reserves the right to add a 10& under division award.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
13. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing email@example.com with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
14. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
15. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
16. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort. Our goal is to represent for the sport of Ranch Horse in our videos on social media, so please present yourself as if you were at an open show.
17. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
18. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
19. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
20. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
21. The decisions of each judge is final.
22. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
23. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
24. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
25. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
26. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind and spread runs out over multiple days when multiple riders are competing on the same horse or a rider is competing in multiple divisions.
27. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
28. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
29. The First Timer division is only open to those individuals who have NEVER shown in ranch horse classes previously. Competitors who have only competed in the online ranch horse shows are still eligible to compete as first timers.
30. First Timer class points may only count towards Green Hand division for WCRH year end points.
31. Each competitor winning third place or higher will need to pay actual packing and shipping costs for awards/prizes.
32. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
33. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all three of the classes in that division.
Ranch Trail and Ranch Riding patterns as well as gait sequences for Ranch Rail will be posted soon!
For ranch trail, plyboard can be substituted for the bridge. Rope gates are acceptable. If needed, a mounting block in permissible in the Open/Amateur trail.