Winter Buckle Series Show #3 Jan 23 at Green Acres Ranch! Ranch Horse 101 clinic!
This show is now complete! We had 137 entries from around the world!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined maneuver, then second maneuver and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Saddle Award: Winner's Choice of Custom Belt or Shoes from Villa Ridge Leatherwork
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH show. The Top Hand award for this show will be calculated only off of points in the Online Ranch Reining Jackpot show.
Please make sure you have a paid entry before submitting. Click button above to enter.
All videos must be submitted by 11:59p PDT
on Sunday, May 31st.
1. SHOT (SHTX) ranch reining rules apply (classes 1-9). NRHA Reining rules for regular reining classes apply (classes 10-13).
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location and to all breeds.
4. Entries begin 12:00a PDT Friday, May 8th thand close 11:59p PDT Sunday, May 24th.
5. Videos must be submitted by 5:00p PDT Sunday, May 31st.
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same pattern. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes are limited to 50 entries each, otherwise they may be split.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 10 & under and is a walk trot class.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in reining classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch reining classes.
13. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in reining classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
14. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
15. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable.
16. This is a NOT a WCRH Sanctioned event. Points will not count towards the WCRH “Best of the West” year-end awards program. Ranch Reining and Reining are not WCRH recognized classes for the 2020 show year. Ranch Reining will be added for 2021.
17. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
18. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional.
19. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
20. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
21. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
22. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
23. The decisions of each judge is final.
24. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
25. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
26. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
27. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
28. Sliding shoes are permitted in all classes for this show.
29. Riders participate in these online shows at their own risk and agree to ride their horses for filming in a safe location.
30. A 'First Timer' is a person that has never shown in a Ranch Reining or Reining class.
*Please choose correct pattern. If you entered for RANCH reining, choose RANCH reining.
FILM FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF ALL PATTERNS, ALIGNED WITH CENTER OF ARENA WHERE CIRCLES BEGIN
Simple lead changes are permitted in Green Horse, First Timers & Short Stirrup classes.
SHOT rules apply for ranch reining: https://stockhorsetexas.org/pdfs/SHTX-Handbook-web.pdf *
NRHA rules apply for regular reining: https://nrha.com/media/pdf/handbook/2020/handbook.pdf *
* Except where WCRH rules supersede
Rocking JP Performance Horses (Jennifer Ray)
Mega Equine Marketing
True Equine Connection, LLC (Kelsey Ward)
Villa Ridge Leatherwork
Colonel's Smart Peppy (stallion)
Garcia Performance Horses
Haven Ridge Farms, LLC