Online Ranch Riding Challenge Show judging under way! Buckle series coming soon!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined maneuver, then second maneuver and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Buckle (will be mailed to Top Hand Champion 4-8 weeks after show):
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Super Horse Award (Prize pack valued at $150! Sponsored by Dr. Show USA):
Awarded to the horse with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple riders and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Ranch Riding High Score Award (Performance Shirt valued at $175 from High Rank Apparel! ):
Awarded to the horse/rider combination with the single highest ranch riding score (from any class). Ties for high point will be broken by the number of penalties. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by scores starting with the first maneuver. If there is still a tie, there will be a coin toss.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Trail class. Divisions for this show include:
Awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division with the most points (awarded according to WCRH schedule). Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in the Ranch Horse Resurgence.
COVID Countermeasures will be in place.
Entries will close 11:59p PDT on Saturday, June 13th. Late entries the morning of the show. Late fee is $30/entry (horse/rider combination).
Pre-entry strongly encouraged.
*** We are closely monitoring the COVID and protest/rioting situations. If we are instructed to reschedule or feel it is unsafe to proceed, we will do so for the safety of all involved. We may also choose to cancel or reschedule if pre-entries numbers are low. All exhibitors will be able to either roll their fees over to the new date or receive a refund.
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Entries close 11:59p PDT Saturday June 13th. Late entries (submitted June 14th) will incur a $30.00 late fee/horse & rider combination.
4. There will be no concurrent classes.
5. WCRH membership is required to enter. Day show membership is available at a discounted rate.
6. Youth is open to riders 18 & under.
7. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
8. Scratches will receive a 50% refund. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
9. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
10. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
11. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort.
12. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
13. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
14. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
15. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
16. The decisions of each judge is final.
17. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
18. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
19. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
20. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
21. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind. Excessive participation of a horse will be flagged and the horse will not be able to continue participation in the show.
22. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
23. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
24. The First Timers division is only open to those individuals who have NEVER shown in ranch horse classes previously. Competitors who have only competed in online ranch horse shows are still eligible to compete as first timers.
25. First Timers class points may only count towards Green Hand division for WCRH year end points.
26. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all of the classes in that division.
27. The Top Hand Buckle will be mailed to the winner approximately 4-8 weeks after the end of the show.
28. Trail classes will run from 10a to 2pm and will have a separate judge. Trail warm up will be available from 7am to 10am.
29. Please arrive early to warm up as we will not have a separate warm up area. Warm up will be available from 7am to 8am and from 12:30a to 1:00p (subject to change). There will be a small warm up area outside of the show area throughout the day. Please plan accordingly. Do not use other areas of the facility as these are not part of our show.
30. Park your truck/trailer where directed. As there is limited space, do not park cars in trailer parking area, park along the grass/tree area to the right.