Ranch Horse Classic Buckle Series Show #2 August 21st at Tuclatota Creek Ranch!
Exhibitors: Please text or call 951-595-7536 during the show if you'd like to make changes (add/scratch/transfer) to your entries or if you have questions.
Green Horse Ranch Rail Stakes is open to all horses in their 1st or 2nd year of showing in ranch horse classes. Class added between Classes 7 and 8. 50% payback & a buckle to the winner, prizes for 2nd through 5th place.
3 show buckle series. March & April shows at Tucalota Creek Ranch. May show at Green Acres Ranch. All shows in Temecula, CA.
Best 2 out of the 3 shows to count. Hospitality tent with snacks & drinks. Green Horse walk trot division added.
Classes: Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation
Divisions: Open, Amateur, Green Horse (WTL). Green Horse (W/T), Green Rider (W/T), Youth (18 & under), Short Stirrup (12&under)
Ranch Rail Stakes Schedule
3/6 - 'Never Won a Buckle' Ranch Rail Stakes - Only Open to those who have not ever won a buckle in any equestrian or rodeo discipline. Congratulations Champion Andrea Lennox!
4/10 - Open Ranch Rail Stakes
5/22 - Green Horse Ranch Rail Stakes - Open to horses in their first two years showing in ranch events
3/6 - Main Arena Judge: Michael Damianos, Trail Judge: Cherie Vonada
4/10 - Main Arena Judge: Sami Hernandez, Trail Judge: Tonya Brown
5/22 - Main Arena Judge: Jando Guerra, Trail Judge: Kash Grimes
Be sure to sign the liability waiver electronically when you receive the email, otherwise you will have to sign a hardcopy upon check-in.
Thank you to our sponsors Cowley Performance Horse, High Rank Apparel, Rusty Brown Jewelry, and Ranch Horse Supply!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined tie breaker, then second tie breaker and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Award: The Top Hand award will be awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points for each show. Riders may ride multiple horses and in multiple divisions, but must enter at least 2 full divisions (example: Green Horse and Amateur division). Winners will be presented with Ranch Day Top Hand award, which is often a buckle. Ties for high point will be broken by number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
PLEASE NOTE: NO DAY HIGH POINT AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE DAY OF A SHOW. PLEASE ALLOW OFFICE STAFF NECESSARY TIME TO TABULATE POINTS AND PACK UP THE SHOW.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Trail class. Divisions for this show include:
Division Champion Award: Silver belt buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination with the highest point total in each division for the series. Best 2 out of 3 shows to count by class (lowest points from each class across all three shows in the series will be dropped). In order to be eligible to win a division buckle, you must enter Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation in that division in at least 2/3 shows. Buckles will be presented at a ceremony at the June Ranch Horse Spectacular Show or may be mailed. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in this show to the rules listed on this page.
Green Horse Ranch Rail Stakes: Buckle & 50% payback for this class! In order to qualify to compete in this class, your horse must be in its 1st of 2nd year of showing in ranch horse classes. Prizes through 5th place!
COVID Countermeasures will be in place.
Late entries submitted May 21st to May 22nd will incur a $30 late fee/horse & rider combination.
Pre-entry strongly encouraged so we can plan for the show. Electronic entry via link below is strongly preferred. Contact us at 951-595-7536 to discuss other payment options.
Show will be rescheduled in the event of rain.
*** We are closely monitoring the COVID situation. If we are instructed to reschedule or feel it is unsafe to proceed, we will do so for the safety of all involved. All exhibitors will be able to either roll their fees over to the new date or receive a refund.***
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Entries close 11:59p PST Thursday, May 20th. Late entries (submitted May 21st or later) will incur a $30.00 late fee/horse & rider combination. Pre-entries are strongly encouraged!
4. There will be no concurrent classes.
5. WCRH membership is required to enter.
6. Youth is open to riders 18 & under as of January 1st, 2021. Short stirrup is open to riders 12 & under as of January 1st, 2021.
7. NOTE RULE CHANGE: Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have engaged in training horses that do not belong to them, judging horseshows, or training other riders in the last 5 years. Training other riders includes consistently coaching other riders, instructing in clinics and/or giving lessons, regardless of remuneration. The only exception to this rule is a nonprofessional competitor assisting their own children/dependents 18 years of age or younger or their parents. WCRH does not have the resources to track and police which riders receive remuneration or to carry out related investigations. WCRH reserves the right to classify riders as management deems fair and appropriate.
8. Scratches will receive a 50% refund. You may scratch or replace the rider or horse for your entry by submitting the change to email@example.com or calling 951-595-7536. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we book venues, hire judges and order prizes/awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows. In the case of rescheduling due to rain, registered competitors will have the choice to roll over the the rain date or receive a full refund. In the case of show cancellation, competitors will receive a full refund.
9. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
10. Any working western saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
11. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort.
12. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. You will be disqualified if it is discovered Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
13. Western pleasure style silver and "bling" are discouraged.
14. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
15. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
16. The decisions of each judge is final.
17. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
18. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
19. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
20. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
21. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind. Excessive participation of a horse will be flagged and the horse will not be able to continue participation in the show.
22. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
23. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class. Riders and horses may cross enter between walk trot and walk trot lope Green Horse classes.
26. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all of the classes in that division . Division awards are based on point total.
27. The Top Hand award is awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points according to the live show point schedule. To be eligible for top hand, you must enter two full divisions. You may ride different horses in the two divisions. Additional classes above the 2 divisions will count as well.
28. If enough entries, trail classes (and possibly conformation) may be work at will and have a separate judge.
29. Warm up will be available for 30 minutes in the large arena and during breaks prior to the show each day and periodically throughout the day as time allows. Please plan accordingly. The track is available all day long for warm up.
30. Park your truck/trailer where directed. Do not park cars in trailer parking area. You may not clean your trailer out in the parking area or you will be subject to a $50 fee.
31. Stallions are shown at your own risk and may be shown only by riders 18 years of age and older.
32. If you bring a horse on the grounds, even if you do not show it, you must see the office staff first to pay a grounds fee and sign a waiver prior to unloading. If you do not do this, you will be asked to leave the premises. You may pre-pay and sign a waiver in advance by contacting WCRH staff via phone or email or select the option during your online registration. You will be issued a different color number so that we can keep track of who has checked in with the office.
33. WCRH reserves the right to add additional buckles and/or prizes.
34. Slide stop rundowns and roping are prohibited in the warm up areas as neither of these activities are included in our ranch horse shows and can be distracting/dangerous to other competitors.