Winter Buckle Series starts Nov 21st at Green Acres Ranch in Temecula!
Congratulations to all of the winners! We had 200 entries from around the world in 6 classes!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined obstacle, then second obstacle and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Division High Points Awards including Wild Rags from Buck Wild Custom Wild Rags.:
Awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division with the most points (awarded according to WCRH schedule). Ranch Trail to count.
Top Hand Saddle Blanket from KD Saddle Blankets (Winner's Choice of Designs):
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with the Online Ranch Horse Round-Up Show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in the Ranch Trail Challenge.
You may submit a late entry with a $20 late fee up until 11:59p PDT on April 25th.
Schooling runs with trainer and multi-carded judge, Sami Hernandez, are available until 11:59p PDT on April 26th.
Private critiques may be added to any run.
1. AQHA rules apply.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location.
4. Entries begin 12:00a PDT Monday, April 5thand close 11:59p PDT Sunday, April 19th.
5. Videos must be submitted by 5:00p PDT Sunday, April 26th.
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same class. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes are limited to 50 entries each, otherwise they may be split.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 12 & under and is a walk trot class.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
13. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
14. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
15. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable.
16. This is a NOT a WCRH Sanctioned event. Points will not count towards the WCRH “Best of the West” year-end awards program. This is for fairness for our members as not all will have access to trail obstacles during this period.
17. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
18. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional.
19. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
20. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
21. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
22. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
23. The decisions of each judge is final.
24. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
25. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
26. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
27. Riders may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
28. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
Distance between barrels is 20 feet. Jump standards or fence can be used to set jacket on.
Distance between cones is 15 feet.
Please keep safety at top of mind when doing trail patterns.