***PLEASE NOTE THIS SHOW HAS BEEN MOVED TO TUCALOTA CREEK RANCH ON FEB 7 DUE TO FORECASTED RAIN FOR THE ORIGINAL 1/23 DATE***
All pre-entries and clinic registrations automatically roll over to the new date. If your previously registered for the show (before the show was moved) and cannot attend, you are eligible for a 100% refund if you cannot attend. Please email email@example.com if you cannot attend. Anyone that notifies WCRH that they cannot attend after the pre-entry due date of 2/5, will be subject to a 50% refund in the event that they scratch and refunds will not be issued at all if your class has already occurred.
Main Arena Judge: Jim McCarty
Trail Judge: Gary Roberts
Exhibitors: Please text or call 951-595-7536 during the show if you'd like to make changes (add/scratch/transfer) to your entries or if you have questions.
"Never Won a Buckle" Ranch Rail Stakes (Open to all riders who have never won a buckle) Class added between Classes 7 and 8. 50% payback & a Top Hand buckle to the winner, prizes for 2nd through 5th place.
Amateur Select Buckle added! Please give your date of birth at check in to confirm eligibility. Enter regular Amateur classes if 50 years old +, you will be eligible for the Select Buckle! *You may win only 1 Amateur buckle (Amateur or Amateur Select). In the event a Select rider wins both Amateur and Amateur Select, the Select buckle will go to the next highest scoring Select Rider.
2 Top Hand prizes will be given for this show! They will not be buckles for January show, but they will be fun! The riders with the most points from the following classes will win high point awards!
- Open, Amateur and Green Horse Top Hand High Point
- Green Rider, Short Stirrup & Youth Top Hand High Point
Be sure to sign the liability waiver via Docusign, otherwise you will have to sign a hardcopy upon check-in.
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined tie breaker, then second tie breaker and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Award: The Top Hand award will be awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points from the February show in Open, Green Horse & Amateur as well as Green Rider, Youth & Short Stirrup. Riders may ride multiple horses in multiple divisions. Winners will be presented with Ranch Day Top Hand award. Ties for high point will be broken by number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
PLEASE NOTE: NO DAY HIGH POINT AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN ON THE DAY OF A SHOW. PLEASE ALLOW OFFICE STAFF NECESSARY TIME TO TABULATE POINTS AND PACK UP THE SHOW.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Trail class. Divisions for this show include:
Division Champion Award: Silver belt buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination with the highest point total in each division. In order to be eligible to win a division buckle, you must enter Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation in that division in at least 2/3 shows. Best 2 out of 3 shows to count by class (lowest points from each class across all three shows in the series will be dropped). Buckles will be presented at our March 6th show or may be mailed. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in this show to the rules listed on this page.
COVID Countermeasures will be in place.
Late entries submitted January Feb 5th to 7th will incur a $30 late fee/horse & rider combination.
Pre-entry strongly encouraged so we can plan for the show. Electronic entry via link below is strongly preferred. Contact us at 951-595-7536 to discuss other payment options.
Register for the Ranch Horse 101 clinic via the show entry link. Grounds fee is required for the clinic.
Show will be rescheduled in the event of rain.
February 7th 7:30-9:30a at Tucalota Creek Ranch, Temecula, CA
Join clinician and trainer Gary Roberts as he covers the fundamentals of Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation. Super Bowl Snacks included!
*** We are closely monitoring the COVID situation. If we are instructed to reschedule or feel it is unsafe to proceed, we will do so for the safety of all involved. All exhibitors will be able to either roll their fees over to the new date or receive a refund.***
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Entries close 11:59p PST Friday, Feb 5th. Late entries (submitted February 6th or later) will incur a $30.00 late fee/horse & rider combination. Pre-entries are strongly encouraged!
4. There will be no concurrent classes.
5. WCRH membership is required to enter.
6. Youth is open to riders 18 & under as of January 1st, 2020. Short stirrup is open to riders 12 & under as of January 1st, 2020. This will change to 2021 after the end of the Winter Buckle Series.
7. NOTE RULE CHANGE: Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have engaged in training horses that do not belong to them, judging horseshows, or training other riders in the last 5 years. Training other riders includes consistently coaching other riders, instructing in clinics and/or giving lessons, regardless of remuneration. The only exception to this rule is a nonprofessional competitor assisting their own children/dependents 18 years of age or younger. WCRH does not have the resources to track and police which riders receive remuneration or to carry out related investigations. WCRH reserves the right to classify riders as management deems fair and appropriate.
8. Scratches will receive a 50% refund. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by submitting the change to the Winter Buckle Series page on the WCRH website. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows. In the case of rescheduling due to rain, registered competitors will have the choice to roll over the the rain date or receive a full refund. In the case of show cancellation, competitors will receive a full refund.
9. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
10. Any working western saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
11. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort.
12. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. You will be disqualified if it is discovered Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
13. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
14. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
15. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
16. The decisions of each judge is final.
17. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
18. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
19. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
20. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
21. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind. Excessive participation of a horse will be flagged and the horse will not be able to continue participation in the show.
22. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
23. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
26. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all of the classes in that division . Division awards are based on composite score.
27. The Top Hand award is awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points according to the published point schedule. WCRH serves the right to add additional buckles and/or prizes.
28. If enough entries, trail classes (and possibly conformation) may be work at will and have a separate judge.
29. Warm up will be available for 30 minutes in the large arena and during breaks prior to the show each day and periodically throughout the day as time allows. Please plan accordingly. The track is available all day long for warm up.
30. Park your truck/trailer where directed. Do not park cars in trailer parking area.
31. Stallions are shown at your own risk and may be shown only by riders 18 years of age and older.