Winter Buckle Series starts Nov 21st at Green Acres Ranch in Temecula!
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined maneuver, then second maneuver and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Division High Points Awards: $50 SmartPak gift certificate (Thank you, SmartPak!)
Awarded to the horse/rider combination in each division with the most points (awarded according to WCRH schedule).
Top Hand Embroidered WCRH Champion Stall Bag:
Awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points (awarded according to the WCRH point schedule). Points may be from multiple horses and multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of top ten finishes, then first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Freestyle Fan Favorite Trophy:
Awarded to the rider and horse with the freestyle run that receives the most votes on Facebook. Runs will be posted by the competitors on the Facebook group "Ranch Horse Online Shows" for WCRH follower voting in the form of "likes". Voting will begin at 12:01 am July 19th and end July 26th at 11:59 pm. Votes should be based on quality of the run, level of difficulty and creativity. All runs from all divisions will be considered. Any ties will be broken by the judge. WCRH will add additional prizes if participation is deemed substantial enough.
Judge's Choice WCRH Freestyle Champion Sweatshirt:
Awarded to the freestyle run selected by the judge based on creativity and quality of content.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points from this show only.
You may submit a late entry with a $20 late fee/class up until 11:59p PDT on July 25th.
Del Norte, Colorado
Special thanks to Jeannie Webb and "Middy" for sponsoring the Amateur division awards!
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Show is open to riders from any location.
4. Entries begin Monday, July 6th and close 11:59p PDT Sunday, July 19th. Late entries (submitted July 19th or later) are permitted up until the Saturday July 25th at 11:59p with a $20.00 late fee/class.
5. Videos must be submitted by 11:59p PDT Sunday, July 26th. It is preferred that you submit a YouTube link for your videos if possible in lieu of submitting the files. Click here for help uploading to YouTube: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/57407?co=GENIE.Platform%3DiOS&hl=en
6. The same video may not be submitted for different divisions of the same class. There will be no concurrent classes.
7. Classes will have unlimited entries, but they will be split if they are larger than 50 competitors and a second set of class awards will be added. One set of division awards will be awarded regardless of calss splits.
8. WCRH membership is required to enter. Online show membership is available at a discounted rate. Online membership is good for all online WCRH shows for the calendar year.
9. Videos must not be edited in any way and must be a continuous shot. Editing will result in immediate disqualification and exclusion from any future WCRH events.
10. Short Stirrup is open to riders 12 & under and is a walk trot class. WCRH reserves the right to add a 10& under division award.
11. Youth is open to riders 18 & under and includes all gaits.
12. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
13. Entry and membership fees are non-refundable. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing email@example.com with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
14. This show will be WCRH sanctioned only for the Ranch Riding pattern classes, the freestyle will not count towards year end awards.
15. Any working saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
16. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort. Our goal is to represent for the sport of Ranch Horse in our videos on social media, so please present yourself as if you were at an open show.
17. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
18. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
19. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
20. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle regardless of horse age.
21. The decisions of each judge is final.
22. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
23. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
24. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
25. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
26. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind and spread runs out over multiple days when multiple riders are competing on the same horse or a rider is competing in multiple divisions.
27. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
28. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
29. The First Timers division is only open to those individuals who have NEVER shown in live ranch horse classes previously. Competitors who have only competed in three or less online ranch horse shows are still eligible to compete as first timers.
30. A $5 office/shipping fee will be added to every entry.
31. Those receiving awards outside of the continental US may need to supplement shipping costs. This will be determined on a case by case basis.
32. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all classes in that division.
WTL = Walk Trot Lope Classes (Open, Amateur, Youth, First Timers, Green Horse)
WT = Walk Trot Classes (Green Rider, Short Stirrup)