The Ranch Horse Rendezvous is our annual year end event including a 2-day weekend ranch horse show with divisions for all levels, a futurity for 4 & under and 5/6 yo horses (Friday), a maturity for horses 7& over (Thursday), ranch horse clinics, banquet dinner with live music from Eric Gorsuch, silent auction and wine & cheese reception. We will also be introducing a 'Ride the Pattern' session on Friday afternoon with local trainers walking competitors through Saturday's Ranch Riding patterns. We will also have a Ranch Trail walk through 15 minutes prior to beginning of work at will trail on Friday for Fri/Saturday's patterns and on Sunday for Sunday's patterns.
This year will feature the Rendezvous Ranch Horse Select Sale brought to you in partnership with XIT Western Productions on November 6th, 2021 at 4pm! This will be a 35 lot sale of ranch show horses and prospects. There will be an application process for consignors and all horses will come with vet exams to give you confidence in buying! Link to consignor application coming soon! There will be a preview on November 5th in conjunction with a wine & cheese reception starting at 5p. Awards to high selling consignor and buyer! You won't want to miss it!
Location: Tucalota Creek Ranch, 39560 East Benton Road, Temecula, CA 92592
Tucalota Creek Ranch is a beautiful location with a covered arena and multiple outside arenas and riding areas. It is also a premier wedding venue which will be perfectly suited for our wine & cheese reception and banquet dinner. RV hook ups, dry camping and stalls available. Tucalota Creek Cellars is located in the main barn and there is a wine tasting room onsite.
Dates: November 4-7th, Thursday - Sunday
Judges: Jason Contreras, Michael Damianos, Sami Hernandez, Jim McCarty
Clinicians: Sami Hernandez, Cowley Performance Horses and others TBA
Banquet Musician: Eric Gorsuch (will include fiddle player for the Rendezvous!)
Awards & Prizes: We are actively adding prizes to make this our best show yet! Interested businesses are welcome to contact us to have their products or services included in our prize or silent auction line up. Schedule of awards coming soon! Prizes thus far will include a Saddle to the Top Hand, Division buckles from Molly's Custom Silver, Silver trophy knives from Sheridan Buckle Co., Trophy Stirrups from Sheridan Buckle Co., Silver Bracelets from Sheridan Buckle Company, Trophy Keychains from Molly's Custom Silver, Contoured Saddle Blankets from Cuttinup Saddle Blankets, Neck Sashes, Romel Reins/tack from Ranch Horse Supply, Grand Champion Bronc Halter (Conformation High Point), Sterling Silver necklaces from Rusty Brown Jewelry, Shirts & Gift Packs from High Rank Apparel, Kruse Feed, Dr Show SoCal Gift Products, and more added every day!
Class awards will include: 24" ribbons through 3rd, 18" ribbons through 10th. WCRH bridle bags, WCRH Champion ceramic mugs, WCRH Champion travel mugs, WCRH Champion hats, wildrags, WCRH umbrellas and WCRH Champion camping chairs. We are actively adding other items to round out our prize offerings!
Each exhibitor will receive a special WCRH branded bag with sponsor "swag" and materials upon check in. We will be announcing "Lucky Exhibitors" throughout the day as well!
Classlist, entry, clinic and special event registration and stalls/RV/camping coming very soon!
Note the added Open and Non-Pro Maturities (7&over) on Thursday, November 4th! Buckles to the winners. Limited entries!
This schedule reflects the general overview of events for the 2021 Ranch Horse Rendezvous. Minor modifications may be made as necessary for logistics and to accommodate entry numbers.
Saddle Sponsor: Winchester Western Saddlery
Cuttinup Show Blankets
Rusty Brown Jewelry
High Rank Apparel
Creekside Veterinary Services
Ranch Horse Supply
Kathy's Show Equipment
Double B Wildrags
Kruse Feed/Equine Advantage
Dr Show So Cal
Gold Creek Quarter Horses/Kelly Miller
Show N Glo Show Blankets
Nichole Payne Performance Horses
Victory Farms/Nikki Owrey
Molly's Custom Silver
XIT Western productions is proud to present our partnership with the West Coast Ranch Horse at the 2021 Rendezvous at the beautiful Tucalota Creek Ranch on November 6th! The Ranch Horse Select Sale will bring to you 35 head of high quality ranch horses. The sale will specialize in horses that are show ready or are great ranch horse prospects. There is a consignor application process and a selection committee to ensure only the cream of the crop are offered. The sale will take place alongside a series of events over the weekend of November 4th-7th.
Click below to complete a consignment application. Deadline: September 26th
*** We are closely monitoring the COVID situation. If we are instructed to reschedule or feel it is unsafe to proceed, we will do so for the safety of all involved. All exhibitors will be able to either roll their fees over to the new date or receive a refund.***
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Entries close 11:59p PST Sunday, October 31st. Late entries (submitted Nov 1st or later) will incur a $30.00 late fee/horse & rider combination. Pre-entries are strongly encouraged!
4. There will be no concurrent classes.
5. WCRH membership is required to enter. No exceptions. If you do not join, you will not be allowed to show again until membership fee is paid.
6. Youth is open to riders 18 & under as of January 1st, 2021. Short stirrup is open to riders 12 & under as of January 1st, 2021.
7. NOTE RULE CHANGE: Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have engaged in training horses that do not belong to them, judging horseshows, or training other riders in the last 5 years. Training other riders includes consistently coaching other riders, instructing in clinics and/or giving lessons, regardless of remuneration. The only exception to this rule is a nonprofessional competitor assisting their own children/dependents 18 years of age or younger or their parents. WCRH does not have the resources to track and police which riders receive remuneration or to carry out related investigations. WCRH reserves the right to classify riders as management deems fair and appropriate.
8. Scratches will receive a 100% refund up until the entry deadline, minus $5 office fee. A 50% refund will be provided after the entry deadline with a vet or physician note. After November 1st, there will be no refunds. There are no refunds for stalls, clinic or special event tickets. There will be no refund related to inclement weather unless your class or event is canceled by show management. Show management will modify the schedule of the show or event to move it out of the weather (between the hours of 7:00a and 11:00p as necessary). You may scratch or replace the rider or horse for your entry by submitting the change to email@example.com or calling 951-595-7536. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and WCRH member number. Please understand that we book venues, hire judges and order prizes/awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows. In the case of rescheduling due to weather or other unforeseen circumstance, registered competitors will have the choice to roll over to the new date or receive a full refund. In the case of show cancellation, competitors will receive a full refund.
9. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
10. Any working western saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
11. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort.
12. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. You will be disqualified if discovered. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
13. Western pleasure style silver and "bling" are discouraged.
14. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
15. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
16. The decisions of each judge is final.
17. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
18. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
19. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
20. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
21. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind. Excessive participation of a horse will be flagged and the horse will not be able to continue participation in the show.
22. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
23. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class. Riders and horses may cross enter between walk trot and walk trot lope Green Horse classes.
26. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all of the classes in that division . Division awards are based on point total.
27. The Top Hand saddle is awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points according to the live show point schedule. To be eligible for top hand, you must enter two full divisions. You may ride different horses in the two divisions. Additional classes above the 2 divisions will count as well.
28. If enough entries, trail classes may be work at will and have a separate judge.
29. Warm up will be available for 30 minutes in the large arena and during breaks prior to the show each day and periodically throughout the day as time allows. Please plan accordingly. There are areas is available all day long for warm up.
30. Park your truck/trailer where directed. Do not park cars in trailer parking area. You may not clean your trailer out in the parking area or you will be subject to a $50 fee.
31. Stallions are shown at your own risk and may be shown only by riders 18 years of age and older.
32. If you bring a horse on the grounds, even if you do not show it, you must see the office staff first to pay a grounds fee and sign a waiver prior to unloading. If you do not do this, you will be asked to leave the premises. You may pre-pay and sign a waiver in advance by contacting WCRH staff via phone or email or select the option during your online registration. You will be issued a different color number so that we can keep track of who has checked in with the office.
33. WCRH reserves the right to add additional buckles and/or prizes.
34. Slide stop rundowns and roping are prohibited in the warm up areas as neither of these activities are included in our ranch horse shows and can be distracting/dangerous to other competitors.
35. Any errors in scoresheet calculations or point tabulations will be dealt with on a case by case basis by show management (in consultation with the main arena judge for each show) with careful consideration given to time of discovery and precedent. Calculation errors discovered more than 5 days after the end of a show for classes for which placings have already been announced cannot be corrected. Competitors show results on judges' cards are final. It is the policy of WCRH to not "take back" points and awards already given out, but to come to an outcome that is most fair for all involved.