Rendezvous entries due by 10/19 & iRanch Horse Online Show #2 entries due by 10/18
Ties for class awards will be broken by score by a predetermined tie breaker, then second tie breaker and so on. If there is still a tie, a coin flip will occur.
Top Hand Saddle (from Capo Custom Saddles):
Capo Custom Saddles is sponsoring a $2000 base saddle gift certificate towards a custom saddle. Winner will be presented with a giant gift certificate for champion photo op. The Top Hand award will be awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points. May ride multiple horses in multiple divisions. Ties for high point will be broken by number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Ranch Riding High Score Award (Performance Shirt or prize pack from High Rank Apparel):
Awarded to the horse/rider combination with the single highest ranch riding score from any division from each day. Separate prize for Saturday and Sunday. Ties for high score will be broken by the number of penalties. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by scores starting with the first maneuver. If there is still a tie, there will be a coin toss.
Ranch Trail High Score Award (Horse & Rider Wellness package gift certificate from McKillican Chiropractic & Temeku Equine):
Awarded to the horse/rider combination with the single highest ranch trail score from any division from each day. Separate prize for Saturday and Sunday. Ties for high score will be broken by the number of penalties. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by scores starting with the first maneuver. If there is still a tie, there will be a coin toss.
Each division entry includes the corresponding Ranch Rail, Ranch Riding and Ranch Trail class. Divisions for this show include:
Division Champion Award: Silver belt buckles will be awarded to the horse/rider combination with the highest composite score in each division. In order to be eligible to win a division buckle, you must enter Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation in that division. Sponsored by Rusty Brown Jewelry, Creekside Veterinary Services, McKillican Chiropractic & Temeku Equine. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
Division Reserve Champion Awards: A sterling silver necklace from Rusty Brown Jewelry and a trophy wildrag from Double B Wild Rags will be awarded to the horse/rider combination with the second highest composite score in each division. In order to be eligible to win a division award, you must enter Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation in that division. Buckles will be awarded for the divisions listed above. Ties for high point will be broken by the number of first place placings, then second, then third, then fourth. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by a coin toss.
* WCRH reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
** This show is not connected with any other WCRH event or online show. The Top Hand award and High Points for this show will be calculated only off of points in the Ranch Horse Rendezvous according to the rules listed on this page.
COVID Countermeasures will be in place.
Pre-entries close 11:59p PDT Monday October 19th. Late entries submitted October 20th to October 23rd will incur a $30 late fee/horse & rider combination. Day of entries will incur a $50 late fee per horse & rider combination.
Pre-entry strongly encouraged so we can plan for the show. Electronic entry via link below is strongly preferred. If you need to enter via paper form, please use the forms below. Entries must be postmarked by October 19th with entry fees paid to avoid late fee. Include check or contact us at 951-595-7536 to discuss other payment options.
Register for camping, stalls, special events and purchase merchandise with the 1st annual Ranch Horse Rendezvous hand drawn logo in the WCRH Online Store: https://westcoastranchhorse.square.site/
THE RENDEZVOUS WILL GO ON, RAIN OR SHINE! CRC HAS GREAT FACILITIES WITH COVERED OPTIONS!
Merchandise with our hand drawn Ranch Horse Rendezvous logo will be available onsite!
Electronic entries using link above are strongly preferred. If you need to enter via paper form, please use the forms below. Entries must be postmarked by October 17th with entry fees paid to avoid late fee. Include check payable to WCRH or contact us at 951-595-7536 to discuss other payment options.
Do not book an RV site on a paper form without calling us first to verify availability. Shavings and hay will be available for purchase onsite. Stall move in begins 12:00p on Friday October 23rd! Do not arrive earlier than this unless it is pre-arranged with WCRH.
Mail entry, event and accommodation forms with payment to: West Coast Ranch Horse, PO Box 892711, Temecula, CA 92589
(Do not mail after October 17th)
Join clinician Robin Bond as she covers the fundamentals of Ranch Riding, Ranch Rail, Ranch Trail and Ranch Conformation. Breakfast and T-shirt included.
*** We are closely monitoring the COVID situation. If we are instructed to reschedule or feel it is unsafe to proceed, we will do so for the safety of all involved. We may also choose to cancel or reschedule if pre-entries numbers are low. All exhibitors will be able to either roll their fees over to the new date or receive a refund.
1. AQHA rules apply except where WCRH rules supercede.
2. You may ride a horse that you do not own.
3. Entries close 11:59p PDT Saturday October 17th. Late entries (submitted October 18th or later) will incur a $30.00 late fee/horse & rider combination. Day of show late fee will be $50.00 per horse/rider combination. Pre-entries are strongly encouraged!
4. There will be no concurrent classes.
5. WCRH membership is required to enter.
6. Youth is open to riders 18 & under as of January 1st, 2020. Short stirrup is open to riders 12 & under as of January 1st, 2020.
7. Amateurs are non-professional competitors and must not have accepted remuneration in the last five years for training, showing, judging, riding, or training/instructing a horse or rider.
8. Scratches will receive a 50% refund up to October 17th. No refunds will be offered if you scratch October 18th or later. You may replace the rider or horse for your entry by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your change. Please include rider name, horse name, class number and name and WCRH member number. Please understand that we order prizes and awards based on participation. If everyone were be allowed to scratch at the last moment, we would no longer be able to offer these shows.
9. This is a WCRH sanctioned event. Points will be automatically transferred to the "Best in the West" year end awards program.
10. Any working western saddle in serviceable condition will work for ranch horse classes.
11. Dress for ranch horse classes is ranch attire meaning a long sleeve western shirt, belt, jeans, cowboy boots and cowboy hat or helmet. Wild rag, vest and/or chinks or chaps are optional. Jackets and vests are allowed as necessary for comfort.
12. In all ranch horse classes, fake tails and hoof black are not permitted. Trimming ears and muzzle is discouraged. Clipping bridle path is allowed.
13. Silver and "bling" are discouraged.
14. The overall cadence and performance of gaits should have an emphasis on forward, free-flowing, and ground-covering movement. Transitions should be smooth and responsive.
15. A rider may ride two handed only with a bosal or ring snaffle.
16. The decisions of each judge is final.
17. All breeds of horses, mules, donkeys and ponies may compete.
18. All riders under 18 are encouraged to wear a helmet for their safety.
19. In leadline classes, the horse must wear a bridle. The halter must be over the bridle for safety.
20. Riders and horses may cross enter into any division for which they qualify.
21. Horses may be ridden by multiple riders. Please keep the welfare of the horse in mind. Excessive participation of a horse will be flagged and the horse will not be able to continue participation in the show.
22. Green rider is open to riders in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and is a walk trot class. You may be disqualified from the show if you enter green rider classes and you have more than 2 years’ experience showing in ranch classes.
23. Green horse is open to horses in their first or second year of showing in ranch horse classes and includes all gaits. Trainers may show in this class.
26. In order to qualify for a division award, you must show in all of the classes in that division. Division awards are based on composite score.
27. The Top Hand Saddle award will be a $2000 gift certificate (base saddle) awarded to the rider with the most cumulative points according to the published Rendezvous point schedule. Any upgrades will be the responsibility of the winner.
28. If enough entries, trail classes (and possibly conformation) may be work at will and have a separate judge. Trail warm up will be available from 6am to 8am on Saturday, October 24th and Sunday, October 25th.
29. Warm up will be available in the covered arena for 30 minutes prior to the show each day and periodically throughout the day as time allows. There will be a small warm up area outside of the show area throughout the day. Please plan accordingly. Do not use other areas of the facility as these are not part of our show.
30. Park your truck/trailer where directed. Do not park cars in trailer parking area.
31. Stallions are shown at your own risk and may be shown only by riders 18 years of age and older.